Dolls from Eegee Doll Company are one of the popular vintage collectibles that most want to include in their doll collection showcase. The company owes its name to its founder EG Goldberger and the company was founded in 1917. The first dolls had the marks “EG” or “E. Goldberger”, but other dolls that were made later bear the marks. Eegee, Goldberger or “TRADEMARK / EEGEE / Dolls / MADE IN USA”. Most were made from materials such as composition, latex, hard plastic, and vinyl.
Here is a list of Eegee dolls that a collector can scour the internet to add to their prized collection:
1) Patsy (1930) – The doll is made up of a head and shoulders while her arms are made up of a complete composition. The 14 inch doll body is made of padded fabric paired with swinging fabric legs. Her hair is styled and painted yellow with a patterned headband on top. She has a pair of painted side eyes, a tiny closed mouth and is marked “GOLDEN DOLL” on her shoulder.
2) Chikie (1930) – The height of the doll ranges from 17 to 19 inches and is made up of the entire articulated body. He has modeled brown hair and sleepy blue eyes or might even be painted for some models. The open-mouthed version of Chikie displays four upper teeth.
3) Susan Stroller (1953 to 1955) – This is a walker type doll with a spinning head and foldable knees. She can measure from 19.5 to 29 inches and may be unmarked or marked with Eegee or EE-GEE. She also features braided hair with curlers, an auctioneer mom, and a pair of sleeping eyes.
4) Miss Babette (1957 to 1965) – This was an 11.5 inch fashion doll that is also a contender for Barbie. She also came with a rare alternative to the black doll and most of her are sporty earrings, swimsuit and high-heeled shoes.
5) My Fair Lady (1958) – The doll was modeled after a character from the film of the same name. This jointed doll measures 20 inches tall and features a distinctive twisted waist.
6) Maskerade Magic (1960) – This is a 12 inch tall doll that has five different interchangeable face masks but her clothes are not removable.
7) Stoneage Baby (1963) – This 14-inch doll wearing an animal print upper and red undergarment is likely a Pebbles of Flintstone contender. It features a plastic articulated body and short rooted hair on a vinyl head with a toy bone tied to accentuate its ponytail. She also has side eyes with painted facial features and pursed smiling lips.
Handcrafted by Artists
There are so many scam websites out there that “sell” reborns dolls and countless other stores such as eBay and Amazon, that sell illegal copies of sculpts. DO NOT buy these! If you love reborns and want to continue to see these works of art, you need to purchase direct from trusted artists and ensure they are authentic kits!
When you purchase a reborn from Best Reborns, you will always be purchasing an authentic sculpt sourced from trusted dealers only. In doing so, we are supporting the very talented sculptors who make it possible for reborn artists, like us, to create these works of art, that you love so much.
Support our industry, sculptors and artist, by only buying authentic.
Make With Love
Best Reborns® is a mom-owned and operated, eco inspired and environmentally responsible reborn dolls store. Our mission is to keep our little ones safe and happy while supporting our sustainable fingerprint on the planet.
Children are gifts to the world, their spirits are filled with innocence and happiness, and all grown-ups were once children. BestReborns always represents pure love.