Wording for a gift certificate (also known as a gift certificate) is difficult to get right. There are some mandatory items and some optional items that you want to include in a gift certificate. In addition to these standard elements, you may want to consider some legal notices to include to impose certain restrictions on the use of your gift card.
When submitting a gift card template, don’t forget to include the following items:
- your company name
- Name of the recipient
- value of the voucher (in dollars or local currency) or service provided. This is the most sensitive element of the certificate. In particular, you don’t want the customer to easily change the amount! So it’s better to have it printed rather than written manually.
- serial number of the certificate. A serial number is important for a variety of reasons, particularly to combat fraud and to keep track of the gift cards you have issued. By assigning each gift card a unique number, you can easily verify that it hasn’t been changed when the customer wants to redeem it. For example, you can have a tracking log that associates the serial number with its value, issue date, and customer name.
Some optional items
- buyer’s name – probably a mandatory element for most vouchers!
- Personal Message: This is a very nice way to personalize a certificate, giving the buyer the ability to add a personalized message for the recipient.
- restriction for a certain type of service / product: if you want to offer a certificate for a certain service, indicate “valid only for service X” or “to be used for purchasing X”.
- Without cash value. This will protect you from customers willing to redeem the certificate for cash (people will try to do that!). Indicate “no cash” or “not redeemable for cash” on the certificate.
- non-transferable: if you want the certificate to be redeemed only by the person whose name is on the certificate, indicate “non-transferable” on the certificate.
- certificate expiration: may not be legal in your state / country. Check your legal regulations or a lawyer for it. If it’s legal, you may want to include a certificate expiration date, to avoid having certificates short for years. A year from now is a good default. Mention “expiration date: 2012-03-17”.
Now you know what are the important elements to find for good gift certificate wording, so work your way through a gift certificate template and mix and match the different elements until you’re happy with the result!
Handcrafted by Artists
There are so many scam websites out there that “sell” reborns dolls and countless other stores such as eBay and Amazon, that sell illegal copies of sculpts. DO NOT buy these! If you love reborns and want to continue to see these works of art, you need to purchase direct from trusted artists and ensure they are authentic kits!
When you purchase a reborn from Best Reborns, you will always be purchasing an authentic sculpt sourced from trusted dealers only. In doing so, we are supporting the very talented sculptors who make it possible for reborn artists, like us, to create these works of art, that you love so much.
Support our industry, sculptors and artist, by only buying authentic.
Make With Love
Best Reborns® is a mom-owned and operated, eco inspired and environmentally responsible reborn dolls store. Our mission is to keep our little ones safe and happy while supporting our sustainable fingerprint on the planet.
Children are gifts to the world, their spirits are filled with innocence and happiness, and all grown-ups were once children. BestReborns always represents pure love.