A Rainbow Tea Party is a celebration of God’s promises to us. Colors are used to symbolize each of these promises. We have many ideas for you in planning your Rainbow Tea Party, as well as supply suggestions to make your tea party a fun and successful event!
First, it is important to understand the meaning of each color:
- RED-The Precious Blood of Christ (the greatest gift)
- BLACK-Sin / death / night
- WHITE-The purity of Christ / the grace of God
- GREEN – new growth – to be reborn as a Christian – renewal
- PURPLE – the royalty of Christ the King; prince of peace
- BLUE-dawn of the new day
- YELLOW-Fear – related to awe of God. It can also represent dawn / reborn
- ORANGE – sunset – closed from one day to the next
If it’s for the kids, there’s also a “Jellybean Prayer” that goes with the colors of the rainbow. The meanings are also Christian, but a little easier for children to understand.
Decorate your table for a Rainbow Tea Party
You don’t need to spend a lot of money to make your table look great. Use these ideas and add your imagination as you brainstorm with your team.
Table cover – grab a few yards of plain colored fabric OR even a plastic tablecloth from the Dollar Store (plastic ones tend to be thin, so buy some and overlap).
- Centerpiece – you want the height and drama here to draw people to your table. Choose a tall vase, a jar, a garden container or a polystyrene cone as a base. This can also be something your team already has at home. Be creative and think outside the box! Most rainbow tea parties select a winner for the best table, so creativity is the key. Fill the containers with natural or silk flowers, even tissue paper flowers or bows tied to the ends of chenille sticks work great. Insert your flowers into a Styrofoam cone or balls stacked from smallest to largest, completely covering. Tall, clear jars can be filled with gummy candies, candies, fruit, etc. in your color. You can also wrap the boxes in solid color gift boxes and stack them to remember the gifts we have received from God (glue them together to keep them from falling out).
- Tulle it is cheap and abundant in a rainbow of colors. Use it to drape swags around your table, tie bows at the four corners, thread baskets of treats, etc. Battery operated lights look heavenly wrapped in tulle – use them to wrap around the bases of your centerpiece or tuck behind the tulle in the front edge of your table.
- Screen your items (especially if you sell items as a fundraiser with the Rainbow Tea Party) with some pizzazz. Colorful plastic bowls, Chinese takeaway gift boxes, and even inverted Frisbees can hold your items. Small plastic bags are available in every imaginable color. Place the plain-colored paper napkins in the baskets with matching bows.
Food and beverages
Fortunately, fruits, veggies, and candy are available in almost any color of the rainbow! Yellow offers lemons, squash, tomatoes, peppers. Purple gives you grapes, eggplant, berries, cabbage. Red is found in strawberries, cherries, tomatoes. Black and blue are the tricky ones, but a drop of food coloring added to a dish and candy can help get the creative juices flowing.
Keep an open mind as you peruse the supermarket produce section when planning your menu. Plus, most grains come in a multitude of color choices that make grain / marshmallow-based treats a breeze. Cupcakes and cookies color easily with sprinkles and icing to match. Check the local craft store for colorful dark chocolate, perfect for dipping pretzels, nuts, fruit, etc. As well as making chocolate pops with a plastic mold.
Handcrafted by Artists
There are so many scam websites out there that “sell” reborns dolls and countless other stores such as eBay and Amazon, that sell illegal copies of sculpts. DO NOT buy these! If you love reborns and want to continue to see these works of art, you need to purchase direct from trusted artists and ensure they are authentic kits!
When you purchase a reborn from Best Reborns, you will always be purchasing an authentic sculpt sourced from trusted dealers only. In doing so, we are supporting the very talented sculptors who make it possible for reborn artists, like us, to create these works of art, that you love so much.
Support our industry, sculptors and artist, by only buying authentic.
Make With Love
Best Reborns® is a mom-owned and operated, eco inspired and environmentally responsible reborn dolls store. Our mission is to keep our little ones safe and happy while supporting our sustainable fingerprint on the planet.
Children are gifts to the world, their spirits are filled with innocence and happiness, and all grown-ups were once children. BestReborns always represents pure love.