If you’re looking for baby gifts to make but bored with the standard blanket and baby booties, here are five unique and unusual (but still functional!) Gifts to create that would be perfect baby party gifts.
- Time capsule – Don’t you wish someone had made you a time capsule of the things of the year you were born? Collect clippings from newspapers and magazines of current affairs, trends and fashion, a little toy from the hottest and most current children’s film and last but not least, take pictures of their home and their city! Document their neighborhood, take snapshots of the local grocery store, post office, street cars, local school, their house facade, their parents and family! Include notes from family members and a special letter from you to introduce them to the world. Collect everything and put it in a decorative wooden keepsake box, leaving room for parents to add a few things of their own. Think what a treasure this will be when they are your age!
- Padded mat – No, it’s not just another boring blanket! This time, create an extra thick, padded blanket, a soft surface that will be perfect for tummy time, even on hardwood floors. He gets creative and add “active” toys, such as removable soft toys, flaps that hide bright images and small ribbon labels. You could even line the bottom with a waterproof PUL fabric which will make it the perfect outdoor blanket on wet grass.
- Name blocks – Purchase enough blank wooden blocks at a craft store to spell out the baby’s name. Decorate each block with the letter and / or images starting with that letter. You can paint with non-toxic acrylic paint, decoupage with paper or fabric, or burn your design with wood. For design ideas, check out the crib bedding set parents signed up for and use the same theme or color scheme on your pads.
- Mix CDs – Do you make a CD mix for the child? Yup! Make a CD mix of relaxing music, classical is an obvious choice, but get creative with the music in your collection or check out iTunes for lullaby ideas. Alternatively, a fun and upbeat mix of kid-friendly music might be just the thing! Admit it, most of the music marketed for children is terrible and many parents would like to have a CD of “normal music” to listen to that is still suitable for children.
- Handmade books – You can buy blank cardboard books which are the perfect canvas for your stories! If the child will be living away from the extended family, create a story using real photos of the family members so that the child can get to know them. Or, create a fun family pet story, your own version of an alphabet book, picture book with different types of cars or butterflies, etc. Design your own or create collages from real photographs or magazine images.
Have fun creating some unique handmade gifts for your next baby shower! These fun projects will be enjoyed by both parents and baby, which is exactly what a handmade baby gift should be.
Handcrafted by Artists
There are so many scam websites out there that “sell” reborns dolls and countless other stores such as eBay and Amazon, that sell illegal copies of sculpts. DO NOT buy these! If you love reborns and want to continue to see these works of art, you need to purchase direct from trusted artists and ensure they are authentic kits!
When you purchase a reborn from Best Reborns, you will always be purchasing an authentic sculpt sourced from trusted dealers only. In doing so, we are supporting the very talented sculptors who make it possible for reborn artists, like us, to create these works of art, that you love so much.
Support our industry, sculptors and artist, by only buying authentic.
Make With Love
Best Reborns® is a mom-owned and operated, eco inspired and environmentally responsible reborn dolls store. Our mission is to keep our little ones safe and happy while supporting our sustainable fingerprint on the planet.
Children are gifts to the world, their spirits are filled with innocence and happiness, and all grown-ups were once children. BestReborns always represents pure love.