Using online auction sites is a great way to sell maternity, baby and child items that you no longer need. Getting auction items listed is easy, but in order to sell them on Internet auction sites, you need to present them in a neat and tidy way. Use these 5 tips to get your items ready for sale:
1) After evaluating the baby and maternity items, treat the stains by soaking them in a tub of warm water and an effective stain remover. You may need to leave them overnight, but check them from time to time. After removing the stains from baby clothes and maternity clothes, wash, dry and iron them. Repair any tears or holes in the seams if possible. These clothes should look brand new or very delicately loved.
2) Stage the photo shoot. Using a large solid-colored sheet or plain blanket works well as a background, as does a clean hardwood floor or a clean, neutral-colored rug. You want your clothing items to be the center of attention, not stains of colored carpet or busy wallpaper.
3) When you put on your clothing for babies and children, do it according to how they will be listed on the Internet auction site. If you are selling a “batch of 10 items”, group them together and take a photo. Then take individual photos. Make sure each garment is flat with no creases, the buttons are buttoned and the zippers are zipped.
4) With maternity dresses, again, photograph according to how they will be published on the auction site. If there are any flaws, take them to the fore. People want to know what they’re bidding on, and if you’re upfront about these minor issues, you’ll end up with satisfied bidders.
5) Thoroughly clean your baby’s and children’s toys and equipment. If you can take them apart, wash the cloth and scrub the plastic and metal parts. You may also want to bring them a “magic sponge”, as they do a great job of removing stains, ink marks and more. You want to make these toys shine and look shop ready. Use the same neutral background when taking photos, and like newborn, babies, and maternity wear, photograph them as you intend to list them. After following these 5 ways to prepare your items for online auctions, you shouldn’t have a problem getting the top dollar for them. People bid on baby and maternity clothes and equipment that appear to be brand new. They want the items to be ready-to-wear and ready to go, so do your best to have your auction shop ready and the buyer looking good.
Handcrafted by Artists
There are so many scam websites out there that “sell” reborns dolls and countless other stores such as eBay and Amazon, that sell illegal copies of sculpts. DO NOT buy these! If you love reborns and want to continue to see these works of art, you need to purchase direct from trusted artists and ensure they are authentic kits!
When you purchase a reborn from Best Reborns, you will always be purchasing an authentic sculpt sourced from trusted dealers only. In doing so, we are supporting the very talented sculptors who make it possible for reborn artists, like us, to create these works of art, that you love so much.
Support our industry, sculptors and artist, by only buying authentic.
Make With Love
Best Reborns® is a mom-owned and operated, eco inspired and environmentally responsible reborn dolls store. Our mission is to keep our little ones safe and happy while supporting our sustainable fingerprint on the planet.
Children are gifts to the world, their spirits are filled with innocence and happiness, and all grown-ups were once children. BestReborns always represents pure love.